Widgets allow you to manage homepage, sidebar, & footer content. It’s an easy way to add your latest posts, images, & content. Shown below is how you can add an image with the Image Widget.
- Select Appearance then Widgets from the menu in the dashboard.
- Drag and drop the Image widget bar from the list of available widgets into the home, sidebar or footer section you want it added to.
- Open the Image widget by clicking the dropdown arrow.
- Click Add Image to select an image to use. You can select an image from the Media Library or upload a new photo.
- You will likely have a specific size of photo to upload, which should be outlined for you in the dashboard notes under Ideal Image Sizes.
- Add a title if you want one to appear and be sure to add alt text to the image. You can also add a link to the image if you desire.
- Click the blue Save button
* Note: It is possible that widgets are used to make up different parts of your website, rather than just the homepage, sidebar and footer.