To edit an existing post:
- Select the post button from the main dashboard left sidebar.
- Scroll through the list (or use the search box if you have a lot of posts) and select the post you are looking for:
- Either check the box and pick “edit” option in the drop-down or;
- Hover over the post with your cursor and select the “edit” option.
- Start editing your post!
Useful Hint: If you previously wrote your text using a word processor, like Microsoft Word, you will transfer lots of formatting when copying and pasting the text into your WordPress editor. It will produce a bunch of unnecessary code. To avoid this, you can:
- Paste your text into a simple text editor like Notepad (all Microsoft operating systems include the Notepad program). This will strip all the formatting from Word into pure text.
- Copy and paste from Notepad into WordPress using the “Paste as text” option.
- You will now need to add your formatting as you would like it displayed on your website.
- You can select all text after pasting it into WordPress
- Click the eraser icon in the toolbox to clear all formatting and extra code that is brought in.
- Now add formatting.