To edit an existing page:
- Select “Pages” from the left column in the main dashboard menu.
- Scroll through the list (or use the search box if you have a lot of pages) and select the page you are looking for. There are 3 different ways to do this.
- Check the box and pick “edit” option in the drop-down. Then, click “Apply”.
- Hover over the page with your cursor and select the “edit” option.
- Just click on the page title.
Useful Hint: If you previously wrote your text using a word processor like Microsoft Word, you will transfer lots of formatting when copying and pasting the text directly into your WordPress editor. It will produce a lot of unnecessary code. To avoid this, you can:
- Paste your text into a simple text editor like Notepad (all Microsoft operating systems include the Notepad program). This will strip all the formatting from Word into pure text.
- Copy the text from Notepad, then click the “Paste as Text” within your WordPress editor. Then, paste that text into the editor.
- You will now need to add your formatting as you would like it displayed on your website.
- Select all text within the editor after pasting it into WordPress.
- Click the eraser icon in the toolbox to clear all formatting and extra code that was brought in.
- Now you can go ahead and add the formatting that you’d like.